Can you remember the face on your cereal box from this morning? Perhaps you saw a commercial late at night or early this morning before leaving for work that featured a celebrity touting their favorite face cream or health drink?
An important celebrity alignment leaves a lasting impact on a brand and its audience. In the past, celebrity alignments have propelled several brands into a trajectory of unfathomable success. There are several popular brand and celebrity alignment relationships that exist today. In this article, TLK Fusion looks at the five most popular brand and celebrity alignment relationships of all-time.
Some of the most popular brand and celebrity alignment relationships are:
- Mark Wahlberg and Calvin Klein— In 1992, a men’s underwear campaign featuring Mark Wahlberg headed by Calvin Klein hit the streets, becoming one of the most popular brand and celebrity alignment relationships of all-time. Today, this memorable juxtaposition is still being used by the company. However, Wahlberg has been replaced by Justin Bieber. According to sources, part of the ad’s success was the broad appeal Wahlberg had on men who wanted to be him and the men and women who were simply attracted to his bare-all, bad-boy physique.
- Michael Phelps and Wheaties— Who doesn’t want to grow up to be strong and win Olympic medals? Alright, maybe not all of us aspire to win an Olympic medal. However, we all want to be the best version of ourselves that we can be, every day. This is exactly the message behind the Michael Phelps and Wheaties celebrity alignment relationship. While Phelps isn’t the only athlete to grace the renown cereal box, he is one of the most memorable.
- George Forman and the George Forman Grill— Millions of George Forman Grills have been sold worldwide thanks to the successful celebrity alignment of former boxing champion George Forman.
- Michael Jordan and Nike—Much like the alignment between Michael Phelps and Wheaties, the endorsement of Nike by Michael Jordan proved to be an appropriate and beneficial relationship. According to sources, Michael Jordan amassed $110 million for Nike (Jordan).
“Jordan hung up his high-tops for the third and final time in 2003,” writes Forbes. “But he is still the king of the basketball shoe market.”
- Charlize Theron and Dior— The talented, beautiful actress has become the glamorous face behind the Dior perfume campaign. She is known as the ‘Dior Darling’ and has been the face of the campaign since 2004 when she took the place of Tiuu Kuik, an Estonian model.
How TLK Fusion builds brands with celebrity alignment relationships
TLK Fusion has a team dedicated to building brands with celebrity alignment relationships and endorsements. TLK Fusion puts your brand in the hands of the most appropriate celebrity or celebrities to increase visibility, brand awareness, company credibility, and to generate a strong ‘buzz’ around your brand.
Celebrity alignments can be helpful at any stage of your business—from startups to inveterate industry professionals.